Monday, March 25, 2013

Through the sands of time....

It's 2013, almost one-third of the year has gone by and I have not posted anything!  YIKES!!!!!!  Well, to everyone--a much belated Happy New Year!

Recently (March 10th to be exact), I had the honor to work with a church colleague in Ringwood, NJ.  Scott Sadlo is a fine organist and director of music at Christ the King Lutheran Church.  He puts on a fine concert each March and for the last two seasons, I have had the honor to sing and accompany the choir.  It's always a joy to create wonderful music.  The pit this year was very fine...string quartet, two horns, two oboes, timpani, and with me sharing the helm for harpsichord, this was a very sophisticated group.  I've earned my stripes...the choir is looking forward to me coming back another year.

And then, there's Holy Week right around the corner!  It's my first one at Christ Church, Ridgewood.  We just had the bishop of the Newark diocese visit--and if I can make it through that coming out of a nasty 48-hour cold, then everything else is cake.

So, to everyone out there....have a wonderful spring (unless your in the northeast...then it's just another gray day outside with dirty mounds of snow still around) and a blessed Easter.

1 comment:

  1. Rock On Larry! Glad to see you back blogging! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete